Random rumblings and grumblings

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Reminiscing about the past

For some reason today, I was reminiscing about my past. Well OK... I know why... It's because I am a damn procastinator, and I hate writing reports! Damn you CmpE200 and your stupid labs!

Anyways back to reminiscing...

I was feeling nostalgic about my junior high years. I am not too sure why. The reason might be, it's the only period I actually bought a yearbook? Ok college didn't have a year book.. but in High School, I was just too poor to afford one. Do I regret not buying one? Not really.

But I digress again...

I picked up my Quimby Oak Middle School 1992 Yearbook and starting to read some of the comments ppl left in them. I didn't have many friends back then, just like now. I decided to do a search on them.

funny aside: Mimi T. wrote "Dear Brandon, I have known you since first grade, but I know you don't remember me. Because no one ever remember's me even though I alwaysz seem to remember everyone, even if they forget me. Hey, I am writing with my eyes closed, so maybe this is a bit messy, but who cares? it's not my yearbook. You're a nice person, see y'someday -> Mimi" What's funny is, that when I look back at my life I don't have many accomplishments, and I remember being more un-noticed than most ppl. Heck ppl that graduated from Mt.Pleasant during my time, don't even remember me. oh well.

The only person who left a comment in my yearbook that came up on a search was Beth R.! She prolly doesn't remember me, but I remember she was an athletic, brilliant, and articulate girl. She was prolly one of the tallest girls of our class along with Rita O.

She turned up in a search and has an article in the Evergreen Times. Turns out that she went to Mitty after Quimby and earned a 4.74 GPA!! She has been serving our country as an aviator in the Navy. I salute you Beth for serving our country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home